Google Chrome is probably the most popular browser in the world in terms of market share. This means that different people speaking different languages use browsers. If you are not satisfied with the default language on Google Chrome (English) and want to change it, you can easily change it on all platforms. These steps will show you how to change the language on Google Chrome for Android, Windows, iOS and Mac. In some cases, you can change the language of the browser itself, while in other cases, you need to change the default language of the operating system to get the job done.
How to Change the Language in Google Chrome for Android
The best way to change the language in Google Chrome for Android is through Android’s system settings. If you change the language of your smartphone, Chrome will display all UI elements in that language.
- go set up on your android phone.
- click magnifier icon at the top to search.type language.
- choose language from the result list.
- tap language.
- click now add language Then select your preferred language. Steps 3 to 5 may vary slightly depending on the Android version or skin your smartphone is running.
- Use the three horizontal bar icons on the right to drag your preferred language to the top. This will change the default language of the smartphone.
- Now open Google Chrome and the language will be the one you just selected.
How to Change the Language in Google Chrome for Windows
Here’s how to quickly change the language in Google Chrome for Windows.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Paste this into the address bar chrome://settings/?search=language and hit Enter. You can also click to this page three vertical dots icon In Google Chrome (top right) > set up. In the search bar at the top of this page, type language find this option.
- click now add language.
- Select your desired language by ticking the checkbox next to it.then click Add to.
- To set it as the default language, click three vertical dots icon next to Language, then click Display Google Chrome in this language.
- click now Restart appears next to the language you selected. This will restart Chrome and change it to your preferred language.
How to Change the Language in Google Chrome for Mac
Google Chrome for Mac doesn’t allow you to change the language. You must change the system default language on your Mac to change the language in Google Chrome. in these order.
- Open System Preferences then go language and region.
- click + button under the left pane and add the language of your choice. You’ll see a prompt asking if you want to use this as the default language – accept.
- Now open Google Chrome and you will see the UI has changed to the language of your choice.
- On Google Chrome for Mac, you can also quickly translate all websites into this language.Paste this into the address bar chrome://settings/?search=language and hit Enter.
- Add your preferred language, click three vertical dots icon language and tick the checkbox next to it Propose to translate web pages into this language. This will allow you to quickly use Google Translate to change the language of any webpage to your choice.
You cannot change the language of Google Chrome on iOS without changing the system default language. Follow the steps below to do so.
- On your iOS device, go to set up > general > language and region.
- click add language and choose your language.
- then click edit In the upper right corner.
- Now move your preferred language to the top by dragging up.
- This will change the default language on the iPhone or iPad. Just fire up Google Chrome and you’ll see the language change.
For more tutorials, visit our how-to section.
Nokia seller HMD seeks smartphones and feature phones to grow its African business