MindsEye Developer Build a Rocket Boy Confirms It Has Started Layoff Process

MindsEye developer Build a Rocket Boy has confirmed that it has begun a layoff process, with an unknown number of employees likely to leave the studio. The company, founded by Rockstar Games veteran Leslie Benzies, launched its first action game this month to a lackluster performance, and then made its latest round of layoffs. Players complained that MindsEye was riddled with bugs and experienced performance issues upon release.

MindsEye Studio confirms layoff process

After IGN reported on Monday that the studio would be laying off a significant number of employees, Build a Rocket Boy released a statement confirming “internal changes.” The company did not specify the number of employees affected by the layoffs, but the report cited studio sources as saying that more than 100 employees may be laid off at the end of the layoff process.

“We can confirm that we have had to make the painful decision to inform our diligent team about some internal changes at Build A Rocket Boy,” Build a Rocket Boy said in a statement (via IGN ). “While we are working hard to reassign roles to as many people as possible affected by these changes, unfortunately we are launching a formal consultation process which may result in redundancies.

“This decision was not taken lightly and we are committed to handling this process with transparency, fairness and respect for all employees. We will provide more details to the team in the coming weeks.

MindsEye startup issues

Build a Rocket Boy has been working hard to release patches to resolve technical issues plaguing MindsEye. So far, the studio has rolled out two patches that fix bugs and improve performance on PC and consoles. The developer said in a statement that the restructuring process will allow it to deliver further updates to the game.

See also  Marvel's Wolverine Will Reportedly Launch in 2026; Insomniac's Venom Game in 'Active Development'

“The launch of MindsEye is an important milestone for Build a Rocket Boy, but we know we still have a lot of work to do to grow our community in the coming years. The challenges we have faced have only strengthened our resolve, and while we are deeply saddened by today’s decision and grateful to our amazing team, this transition allows us to focus on delivering ongoing updates and performance optimizations for MindsEye, while also ensuring the long-term success of Build A Rocket Boy’s future ambitions.”

MindsEye launched on PC, PS5, and Xbox Series S/X on June 10, but was met with negative reviews from players, who reported serious technical issues and numerous bugs. Following the game’s release, Build a Rocket Boy said it was “heartbroken” that multiple players were experiencing issues with the game.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *