“The Division 2” will launch new content for the survival extraction mode next year. Ubisoft announced a new experience called The Division 2: Survivors at Gamescom last week, detailing a roadmap of additional post-launch content for the game. The company says Survivor is currently in the early stages of development. Ubisoft also shared details about The Division: Resurgence, confirming that it will launch a closed beta for the mobile game later this year.
The Division 2: Survivors announced
Ubisoft announced the news on Friday during a panel at Gamescom 2025, where it shared “the future of The Division franchise.” Ubisoft said in a blog post that 2026 marks the 10th anniversary of the multiplayer shooter series and “The Division 2: Survivors” will be released, which will bring an updated survival evacuation experience to “The Division 2.”
The new experience is currently in the early stages of development, with The Division veteran Magnus Jansén serving as creative director.
Ubisoft shares roadmap for The Division series
Photo credit: Ubisoft
“The Division 2: Survivors is as much our child as it is yours, and we strive for transparency during the development process,” said executive producer Julian Gerighty. “Clear communication and community engagement are key priorities as we build this new experience, and we will work closely with you as we move forward on our development journey.”
Ubisoft has not announced a release date, but has shared a content roadmap for The Division 2: Survivors series, confirming that The Division 2: Survivors will launch sometime in 2026. The company revealed the logo and concept art for the Survivor mode and said it will share more details at a later date.
Ubisoft shares concept art for The Division 2: Survivors
Photo credit: Ubisoft
The Division Revival Update
The company also shared more details about The Division Resurgence, an upcoming free-to-play mobile RPG shooter MMO. Released in 2022, the mobile game is set in the world of The Division and The Division 2 and promises to deliver the same gaming experience on iOS and Android devices.
Set in Manhattan, the mobile game will connect the stories of the two mainline games. At Gamescom, Ubisoft announced that it will begin a closed beta of the mobile game on iOS and Android in September to gather player feedback. More gaming tests will follow, the company said.
Get daily tech news, reviews, and insights in 80 characters or less on technology shout Turbo. Connect with other tech enthusiasts on our forum. Follow us XFacebook, WhatsApp, Threads and Google News for instant updates. Watch all the action on our YouTube channel.
Ethereum price hits all-time high, Bitcoin holds steady around $113,000