Video above: “News 5 Now” – Top stories for December 8, 2025
GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — There will be no Hangout Music Festival in 2026.
Mobile Walmart incident: Woman shot with handgun
Gulf Shores’ major music event will not take place, Gulf Shores Mayor Robert Craft said.
At the Dec. 8 City Council meeting, Mayor Craft explained the reasons for the cancellation.
Kraft explained that Hangout organizers failed to submit their application with enough time to book the event the city required them to do.
“We’re going to refuse to let them go back to the way we performed before, so they can’t do that. So they cancel 2026. They have time to find the talent we want on our beaches, invite the right audience we want to our beaches,” Mayor Craft said.
Last year, the country-focused Sand in My Boots Festival replaced its multi-genre predecessor, with tickets selling out in just a few hours.
Florida man arrested after woman’s body found in 1997 in Mobile, Alabama (Cold Case Update)
“We have approved the event for 2027,” Mayor Craft said.
Copyright 2025 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports and streaming video, head to WKRG News 5.
