Spotify announced on Friday that both its premium users and free users can now use the music streaming service via Alexa on Amazon Echo devices in India. The Swedish company also detailed several Alexa voice commands that users can use, from playlists to podcasts. Although Alexa support is currently limited to Amazon Echo devices, Spotify said it will soon be available on other Alexa-enabled devices, including Fire TV models and mobile devices.
To set up Spotify on Amazon Alexa, users need to go to their Alexa app and visit Settings>Music>Link to new services Then choose Spotify. Then, the user will have to enter their Spotify username and password. If users want to make Spotify their default music service on Amazon Echo devices, they can also enable Default service.
Once users associate their Spotify account with Alexa, they can use the Spotify app to play content on their Alexa device by saying “Alexa, Spotify Connect”, so that the Alexa device can be discovered in the music streaming app. Alternatively, users can look for available devices on the screen where the Spotify app is playing, and then select the Echo device they want to listen to.
Spotify initially added support for Amazon Echo devices in 2016, but only for premium subscribers and specific markets. Free users of streaming services can also access Alexa-enabled devices in November 2019, but only in certain markets. Fire TV Stick dongle has also provided Spotify.
Earlier this month, Spotify signed an agreement with Warner Bros. (Warner Bros.) and DC Entertainment (DC Entertainment) to introduce the original version of the narrative script podcast to the streaming service. At the time, the Swedish company competing with Apple Music stated that 19% of its total monthly active users were listening to podcasts, and it had more than 1 million podcasts on its platform.
As mentioned earlier, Spotify details a large number of voice commands that users can use to control the music streaming service on Amazon Echo devices. these are:
- “Alexa, play my Daily Mix 1 on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Bollywood Acoustic on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Chai & Classics on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play mine
Playlist from Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Street Dancer 3D songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Kabir Singh songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Malang on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Dance Monkey on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play Badshah songs on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play AR Rahman Radio on Spotify”
- “Alexa, play relaxing tracks on Spotify”
- “Alexa, set a 6 AM alarm for meditation music on Spotify”
- “Alexa, Spotify connects to kitchen echo”
- “Alexa, Spotify connect”, then select Podcast on the Spotify app. It will be played on the connected Echo device.
Is the Mi Notebook 14 series the most affordable laptop series in India? We discussed it on Orbital, a weekly technical podcast, you can subscribe via Apple Podcast or RSS, download the episode or click the play button below.