iOS 14 will be released in India at 10:30 PM on September 16. Apple originally announced iOS 14 at WWDC in June this year. Some of the key features of iOS 14 include support for widgets, application libraries, and picture-in-picture (PiP) when making FaceTime calls. In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install iOS 14 and iPad OS on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
Before starting this process, please note that the latest iOS update can be installed on your iPhone or iPad via Wi-Fi or the Finder on your Mac. Windows users can install the latest software updates through iTunes. As always, make sure to make a complete backup of your iPhone or iPad before proceeding. That being said, this is a list of compatible iPhone and iPad models that are getting new updates.
iPhone and iPad models get the list of iOS 14, iPadOS 14
The following iPhone models will get the iOS 14 update:
The following iPad models will get the latest iPad OS update:
How to download and install iOS 14, iPad OS via Wi-Fi
This is how to download iOS 14 and iPad OS on a compatible iPhone or iPad. Follow these steps.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Set value > general > Software update. This will start the process of checking for updates on the device.
- Tap Download and install.
- Download now. The speed obviously depends on the speed of your Internet connection. Please note that this requires Wi-Fi and cannot be done via a mobile data connection.
- After the download is complete, click installation.
- Tap agree When you see Apple’s terms and conditions.
How to download and install iOS 14, iPad OS via Finder on Mac
Please follow the steps below to install iOS 14 and iPad OS on iPhone or iPad via Finder on Mac.
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to the Mac via the charging cable.
After loading the configuration file of your phone or tablet, click Check for updates Under the software.
- Next, click Download and update.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to guide you through the rest of the process.
How to download and install iOS 14, iPad OS via iTunes on Windows
Please follow the steps below to install iOS 14 and iPad OS on iPhone or iPad via iTunes on Windows.
- If iTunes is not installed on your system, please click here to download. After the installation is complete, open ITunes.
- Now, connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer via the Lightning cable.
- On iTunes, the icon of the device will be displayed near the upper left corner. Click the icon. You may need to unlock the device to display the icon.
- Please click Summary In the left pane of iTunes.
- In the right pane, you will see a label Check for updates. Click on that.
- Next, click Download and update And follow the instructions on the screen to guide you through the rest of the process.
By following the simple steps below, you will be able to download and install iOS 14 or iPad OS on a compatible iPhone or iPad.
For more tutorials, please visit our methods section.
Does Android One hinder Nokia’s smartphones in India? We discussed this on the weekly technical podcast Orbital, you can subscribe via Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or RSS, download the episode, or click the play button below.
For the latest technical news and reviews, please follow TechnologyShout on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technologies, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Amazon Pay sells Google Play recharge code, some users can currently use it