PharPoint Research, Inc.
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Are you looking for a meaningful career in the clinical research industry and passionate about improving world health? PharPoint Research, an award-winning Clinical Research Organization (CRO), is looking for an Information Technology Analyst to join our growing team in our Durham location. The IT Analyst coordinates technical aspects of information systems processes and projects. Responsibilities include supporting help desk triage, control and inventory of IT assets throughout the enterprise, support of PharPoint’s server/network/telecom operations and IT infrastructure, and performing maintenance and research of IT initiatives.
What you will do:
- Support IT, staff, in provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of enterprise system hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Participation on projects is focused on training and assisting users in the use and transition of new technologies into the corporate environment.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies and escalate accordingly to appropriate IT, staff.
- Provide technical expertise and assist in systems design, validation, and implementation.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Manage user-based access on PharPoint IT applications, servers, services, and appliances.
- Develop, maintain, and update help desk and laptop/desktop configuration procedures.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the implementation and use of technology
- Ensure daily backup operations perform as expected, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and that media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary.
- Monitor all internal information systems and assist in required maintenance.
- Comply with PharPoint’s data integrity & business ethics requirements.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to PharPoint quality standards and SOP’s.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
What we are looking for:
- A+, Network+, or Security+ certification, or Associates Degree (A.S.) in a computer-related field such as CIS, MIS, or related is required. Other certifications considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a help desk or IT related customer service role with networking and user administrative duties in a corporate setting.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries, especially CRO environment preferred.
- Technical project management, especially in clinical systems implementation such as analysis, design, testing, and training.
- Knowledgeable in industry regulations and standards.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of an organization. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.