Windows 10 is Microsoft’s newest operating system, mainly for desktops and laptops. Taking screenshots is one of the most important features on any platform, and Windows is no exception. You can easily take screenshots on Windows 10 with some simple shortcuts. These allow you to take screenshots and save them to a folder. You can capture the entire screen or just a window on the screen. You can even save screenshots to the clipboard and paste them into any application like Microsoft Paint. After following this guide, you’ll learn some new key combinations for taking screenshots in Windows 10.
Taking screenshots on almost every platform is easy. For example, on macOS, you can press cmd + shift + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire screen, while cmd + shift + 4 will let you select a portion of the screen to take a screenshot. This guide will help you do the same on Windows.
How to take a screenshot of the entire screen in Windows 10
Here are two ways to take a full screen screenshot in Windows 10:
- according to Windows key + print screen.
- Now by starting the explorer (Windows key + e) and click in the left pane picture.
- Open screenshot Folder here to find the screenshots you saved here, named Screenshots(NUMBER).
You can also press print screen and open MS Paint.now press ctrl + v Paste the screenshot into Paint. You can now save it anywhere you like.
How to take screenshot of current window only
If you just want to take a screenshot of an already open application or window, follow these steps:
- Click on the application you want to take a screenshot of. Make sure it’s in the foreground and not behind other open apps.
- according to alt + print screen.
- Open MS Paint.
- according to ctrl + v.
- This will paste a screenshot of the open window into Paint. You can save screenshots anywhere you like.
How to take a screenshot of part of the screen in Windows 10
This is where you use the Windows Snipping Tool. Follow the steps below to take partial screenshots in Windows 10:
- Open screenshot tool. it’s below Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories. You can also open the Start menu and just use the search box to find it.
- Now click the down arrow next to new.
- choose Rectangle Cut or Free-form clips. The former lets you capture a rectangular screenshot, the latter lets you draw any shape on the screen and take a screenshot of that section.
- Once done, you can use the Snipping Tool to annotate the screenshot and save it to your PC if needed.
How to take a screenshot from the Game Bar in Windows 10
If you want to take a screenshot in another way, follow the steps below.
- On your Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G.
- click camera button to take a screenshot.Once the game bar is open, you can also Windows + Alt + Print Screen. You will see a notification explaining where the screenshots are saved.
That’s how to take a screenshot on Windows. These methods are simple, but we were surprised to find that many TechnologyShout staff didn’t know all of them, so we hope these methods will help you as well. For more tutorials, you can visit our how-to section.
Acer Predator Helios 500 gaming laptop with Intel Core i9 launched in India