Our newsroom is packed with people who shop primarily online, and it’s safe to say that many of the people reading this article also bought a lot from sites like Flipkart and Amazon. But sometimes you get substandard products for some reason. If you bought something online and need to return it, the process is really simple as long as you do it right away.
We’ve explained the Amazon process, but if you’re a Flipkart shopper, the process is just as easy. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to your Flipkart order page.
2. You will see a list of all recent orders on this page. You can return the item within 1 month from the date of delivery, so don’t spend too much time.Find the item you want to return and click return button on the right.
3. On the next page, you must select the reason for the return – this could be a missing item, wrong item, quality issue or defective product in your shipment. Select a specific issue from the next drop-down menu and describe the issue in the comment box.
4. In the next drop-down menu, the only option you can choose is to request a new work.When done, click request a return button in the lower right corner to confirm the return.
5. That’s it – Flipkart will contact you to confirm that a return is required and will pick it up from the address you ordered from. This may take a few days. If you need to return items from another address, be sure to tell the customer service person you called.
6. Flipkart will send someone to pick it up and send the replacement. You will receive email updates throughout the process and a receipt when the book is collected, which you should keep until a replacement book arrives.
Have you ever received the wrong item from an online seller? What did you buy and what did you get? Tell us about your experience in the comments.