Want to add more privacy to your Facebook account by locking your profile? By locking your profile, people who are not on your Facebook friends list can only see a limited profile view. A locked profile will only show photos and posts on the timeline, profile pictures and cover photos, stories, and new posts to people in the friends list. In addition, your “public” posts will no longer be public, only visible to friends.
If you want to lock your Facebook profile, you can do this through a mobile application or browser, but it should be noted that the desktop version of Facebook does not have an option to lock your profile, but there is a workaround. In addition, this feature Limited to Android applications. Read on to learn how to lock Facebook profile.
Lock Facebook profile via mobile app
To lock your Facebook profile through the Android mobile application:
Open the Facebook app and click on your profile
Click the three-dot menu icon next to “Add to Story”
Here, you should see a lock profile option, click on it
The next page will briefly introduce how it works, and provide the option to lock your profile at the bottom, click on it
You should see a pop-up window that says “You have locked your profile”, click “OK”
Lock Facebook profile from desktop
Although there is no direct way to lock your application from the browser, if you don’t have access to the mobile application, you can use a workaround:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/
- Click on your profile icon in the URL and replace “www” with “m” so that the URL now displays as “m.facebook.com/yourprofilename”
- This will take you to the mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser, and you should see a three-dot menu next to the “Edit profile” option
- In the three-dot menu, you should see the “Lock profile” option, click it
- Just like the Android version, the next page will show you how the lock works and provide the option to lock your profile at the bottom.click it
- Your profile is now locked
iOS users can use desktop solutions to lock their personal data or borrow an Android device and follow the steps above.
If you want to unlock your Facebook profile, the steps on the mobile app and on the desktop are the same. Instead of the lock profile option, you will now see an unlock profile option, click on it and click Unlock on the next screen. You will see a brief description on how to unlock your profile at the bottom and the option to unlock your profile, click it, and your profile will be unlocked.