On Wednesday, deleted the account of a teenager accused of a fatal ceremony during the protests in the American city of Kenosha, as well as the pages of local militiamen.

During an anti-police protest in Wisconsin on Tuesday night, two people were shot dead and one-third injured. The 17-year-old was arrested for murder.

When asked by AFP, the Internet giant said: “We have designated this shooting as a massacre and have deleted the accounts of the gunmen from Facebook and Instagram.”

Facebook added that it also deleted the Kenosha and event page issued by the militia in violation of the recent ban on groups celebrating violence or suggesting that people seek armed conflict.

The social network said: “At present, we have not found evidence on Facebook that the gunmen followed the Kenosha guard page or that they were invited to participate in the event page of their organization.”

“However, the Kenosha Guards page and its activity page violated our new policy against militia organizations and have therefore been deleted.”

Facebook plans to delete any content that supports or praises the violence or behind the violence.

The technology company also prohibits the creation of accounts in the name of the accused killer.

Last Sunday, Kenosha police broke out in anger after repeatedly shooting African-American Jacob Black in a Midwestern city.

Since then, the protesters have been demonstrating every night, and the rallies fell into violence later.

Video taken overnight on Tuesday showed an assault rifle firing security shots at the protester, apparently hitting two people trying to stop him.

READ  Facebook withdraws from game developer conference due to coronavirus

The man then walked freely on the street, with the muzzle on his chest, while the demonstrators scattered and police cars drove past him.

Police in Antioch, Illinois, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southwest of Kenosha, announced that they had arrested a 17-year-old wanted man in Kenosha.

Facebook said last week that it has cancelled hundreds of groups associated with the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory and imposed nearly 2,000 restrictions on the part of the fight against incitement to violence.

The social media platform said in a blog post that the move was carried out on Facebook and Instagram, and targeted accounts related to “offline anarchist groups that support violence in protests, the American militia, and QAnon.”

Facebook said the platform saw campaigns celebrating violence or weapons and suggesting their use, but did not directly organize any actions.


This is the best true headset under Rs. 10,000? We discussed this on the weekly technical podcast Orbital, you can subscribe via Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or RSS, download the episode, or click the play button below.