There are many websites that use hardware on mobile phones and computers to mine cryptocurrency, which in turn can cause great harm to your device. The worst part is that there is no easy way to find out which website is harmful and which website is harmful, because many of these sites do not notify you that they use your device to mine cryptocurrency.
Blocking cryptocurrency mining: through browser extension
If you use a desktop computer and use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera or Safari, you can install Adblock Plus (Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Microsoft Edge | Opera | Safari), which is very easy to block coin mining scripts. AdBlock Plus prevents coin mining sites from running scripts on your browser.
In addition to this, you can also try the Ghostery extension (Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Microsoft Edge | Opera | Safari), which will also block some of these scripts. If you find that your browser does not block any specific coin mining script, you can send an email to Ghostery and add it to the database.
Stop cryptocurrency mining: through antivirus applications
Now, most antivirus software blocks cryptocurrency mining scripts. The only problem is that the free feature may not provide this feature, you may have to pay. Malwarebytes is one of several antivirus applications that allows you to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Windows and Mac. The advantage of this method is that these scripts can be blocked in the system, so there is no need to enable them separately in the browser and application. it.
- go with Set value > Safari.
- Tap advanced >disable Java script.
Please note that this will break many websites and you may not be able to read or watch content online as before. The website looks like it was designed in 1995-too much text, unusable buttons, missing pictures or videos, which is not ideal in this day and age. Using a content blocker application is a better way. Please follow the steps below to use 1Blocker in Safari.
- Install 1Blocker.
- go with Set value > Safari > Content blocker And enable 1 piece.
- 1Blocker allows you to enable any filter for free, so please open 1Blocker and enable Block Trackers to block coin mining sites.
Currently, we cannot find a way to block these scripts in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers on iOS. However, if you do use Opera Touch or Mozilla Firefox, you can enable built-in settings to block ads and crypto mining. Please follow the steps below to prevent crypto mining in Opera Touch.
- Open Opera touch>click Browser icon.
- Tap Set value >Enable Ad blocking >Enable Cryptocurrency mining protection.
Please follow the steps below to prevent crypto mining in Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Firefox>click hamburger Icon>Go Set value.
- select Tracking protection >Enable Enhanced tracking protection > Set the protection level to strict.
Stop cryptocurrency mining: on Android
On Android, it is simple and can block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera. Please follow the steps below to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Chrome.
- Tap Three o’clock At the top right> Set value > Site settings.
- Click now Java script And disable it.
Please follow the steps below to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Firefox.
- Tap Three o’clock go with Set value.
- Under “Privacy and Security,” click Enhanced tracking protection.
- Enable Enhanced tracking protection And set the protection level to strict.
Follow the steps below to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Edge.
- Tap Three o’clock > Set value > Content blocker.
- Enable Block ads Applies to Adblock Plus.
Please follow the steps below to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Opera.
- Tap Browser icon > Set value >Enable Ad blocking.
This will block all cryptocurrency mining scripts on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera on Android.
This will protect you from cryptocurrency mining on the Internet. Which method do you use to prevent this from happening? Let us know through the comments. For more tutorials, please visit our methods section.
This is the best TV under Rs. 25,000? We discussed this on the weekly technical podcast Orbital, you can subscribe via Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or RSS, download the episode, or click the play button below.