Google has released the Android 11 Developer Preview, if you have a compatible Pixel smartphone, you can download it now. Although we will show you how to download and install the Android 11 developer preview immediately, please remember that this is a beta version of the software, which means there will be a lot of missing features and bugs, and many basic features may not appear . unable to work normally. You need to take the risk of installing the Android 11 Developer Preview, because if something goes wrong, you may end up using a fixed device. If you understand the risks, make sure to try this on assistive devices. You don’t want your primary smartphone to run an extremely early version of Android 11.
This time Google has brought a new Android Flash tool, which is expected to simplify the entire refresh process. How does the new Android Flash tool work? Well, you just need to connect your phone to your computer via USB, and then access the Android Flash Tool on any web browser that supports WebUSB (such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge 79 or later). Use the appropriate link for your device. Having said that, please keep reading and we will show you how to install Android 11 Developer Preview on your smartphone.
List of compatible devices
At present, except for the first-generation models, all Google Pixel smartphones only support Android 11 developers. Currently, you cannot install Android 11 on any other smartphones. This is a list of compatible devices.
How to install Android 11 Developer Preview on your phone
Here is how to install the Android 11 developer preview on your Google Pixel smartphone.
- You must first enable developer options on your Pixel smartphone. To do this, go to Set value > About phone > Scroll down and click Internal number 10 times. This will enable developer options for your device.
- Now go back and click system >click advanced >click Developer options. Here, you first need Enable OEM unlock. When you’re done, scroll down a bit and then Enable USB debugging The same
- On your computer, open Google Chrome Either Microsoft Edge For version 79 or higher, please visit this website.
- If you are using a Windows 10 computer to refresh, please download the Google USB driver for Windows. On Mac, you don’t need any other drivers.
- After loading the Android developer preview website, Connect to mobile phone To your computer and click on the website Android Flash tool link Next to the device name.
- On the next page, you will pop up a pop-up window asking for permission, click it is good. On the phone, you are required to allow USB debugging, please click allow For that reason. Doing so will verify your device and connect your phone. If your phone cannot connect, click Adding new equipments >A pop-up window will appear, click Phone name >click connection. Now, a window will pop up on your phone, click allow. Your phone is now connected.
- After connecting the phone, click the box that mentions your phone’s name. On the next page, click Pencil icon, Next to “Selected build.” Here you can Enable lock bootloader Select this option if you want to ensure that the bootloader of your phone is locked after the process is complete. Last hit installation.
- Now, you will be asked to avoid interacting with your phone. hit confirm then click I accept.
- Now you will be asked to reset your phone to factory settings. Please click Yes On your computer. Tap allow* On your phone.
- Your phone will now reboot to its bootloader screen. In addition, you can also check the current status of your phone on your computer screen.
- While waiting, you may see a pop-up window on your computer screen asking to reselect the device. This may happen if you are flashing your phone for the first time. Go ahead and click Reselect device. Now you will see another pop-up window. From there, click Android system >click connection > You will see another pop-up window asking you to unlock the bootloader, click Start.
- On the phone’s screen, navigate to use the volume keys to unlock the bootloader, then press the power button to select it. Download Android 11 now. You will be able to track the progress on the computer screen.
- Therefore, once the software is downloaded and installed, the system will ask you to lock the bootloader of your phone. Please click Start. Then select on the phone Lock bootloader. Use the volume keys to browse, then click the power button to select. Finally, click carry out On the computer screen.
- Now, wait for the phone to restart. After this is done, on your computer, you will see a message that the software has been successfully updated. Then you can start setting up the device and unplug it from the computer.
- After setting up the device, you will have a Pixel phone running Android 11 and the security patch on May 5, 2020.
By following the simple steps below, you will be able to install Android 11 Developer Preview on a compatible Pixel smartphone.
For more tutorials, please visit our methods section.
Is Realme TV the best TV under Rs? 15,000 in India? We discussed it on the weekly technical podcast Orbital, you can subscribe via Apple Podcast or RSS, download the episode or click the play button below.
For the latest technology news and reviews, follow TechnologyShout on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technologies, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Research says self-driving cars cannot make roads completely safe