- According to CNBC, one of Amazon's secret projects is called the "Gesundheit Project," and the project is working to develop ways to treat the common cold.
- This secret project is part of Amazon's "Big Challenge" R & D program, which is led by Babak Parviz, who led the development of Google's parent company Alphabet team.
- For a long time, it has been thought impossible to develop a method that can cure multiple viruses that cause the common cold, but recent breakthroughs, such as those at Stanford University, show that it is more likely once you think about it.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
According to Amazon, Amazon has been working to heal the common cold as part of the "several years" top-secret project "Gesundheit Project." CNBC.
CNBC cited three people working on the secret project, including more than 100 people including scientists and technicians working on the project. They are reportedly part of Amazon's "Big Challenge" R & D team, which has never been publicly acknowledged by Amazon.
According to CNBC, the group is sometimes referred to by the code name "1492" and is led by Babak Parviz, who previously led GoogleX, Google's parent company's research and development unit.
According to a report on Friday, although the project is a major initiative of the group, the project is not fully focused on medical projects. In 2018, CNBC The project is reportedly working on cancer treatment and diagnostic technologies.
In addition to finding the practicality of the common cold medicine, others have pointed out that the drug must actually have zero side effects because the common cold usually subsides within one to two weeks. Venture capitalist Mike Pellini told CNBC that the side effects could be more serious than the virus itself.
Amazon's Attempt Not the first Treating the common cold According to Scientific American, scientists started treatment after rhinovirus was first discovered in the 1950s. Recent-2019-Scientists Stanford University The report states that considerable progress has been made in developing treatments for the disease. According to Desease control CentreMillions of people get a cold every year in the United States, and most adults infect two to three of them each year.
Pellini also said that it is unclear whether health insurance companies are willing to pay for this.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
– Telemedicine industry: benefits, services and examples
– Value-based Nursing Model: Pay-Per-Med Healthcare
– Senior Care and Assisted Living Market Trends
– Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Technology in Healthcare
– AI in healthcare