Activision Blizzard shareholders voted Tuesday in favor of a proposal for a report on the video game company’s efforts to prevent employee abuse, harassment and discrimination.
Activision, which is being acquired by Microsoft for $68.7 billion (roughly Rs. 5,10,990 crore), has come under fire for alleged wrongdoing.
Shareholders of the company proposed that the report detail the number of disputes over the past three years and the amount of money spent settling related claims.
Proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services recommended a vote on the proposal. Roughly two-thirds of the vote supported the proposal, according to the company.
Activision’s board and external advisers said last week there was no evidence that senior executives deliberately ignored or attempted to downplay reported incidents of gender harassment.
The company behind popular games like Candy Crush and Call of Duty has been beset by lawsuits and worker allegations.
Its chief executive, Bobby Kotick, has apologized on behalf of the group and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy, while dozens of staff have been sanctioned or sacked.
But the executive had been aware of the harassment reports for years and tried to keep the incidents a secret, according to the Wall Street Journal.
In a filing with U.S. market regulators, the company acknowledged on Thursday there had been cases of gender-based harassment.
“The board of directors and its external advisors have determined that there is no evidence that Activision Blizzard’s senior executives ever knowingly ignored or attempted to downplay incidents of sexual harassment that occurred and were reported,” the filing said.