Ford Motor Company
Dearborn, MI, US
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high-quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. After more than 100 years, we continue to build an exciting viable company delivering profitable growth for all. On top of our full product line-up of the best cars and trucks in the world, and our strong business, we are committed to building a better world through cutting-edge technologies, community service, charitable donations, and educational programs. Ford is a place where development is valued for all, and employees are encouraged to learn, build skills and continuously improve year-after-year. Come be a part of Ford’s Skilled and Motivated Team, the best team in the automotive industry.
Ford Motor Company’s Information Technology (IT) organization is a critical enabler to the entire Ford Enterprise and reports to the Group VP & CIO of Ford Motor Company. The IT organization has a unique enterprise-wide view of processes, understands the importance of process efficiency cost savings and time to market, understands pervasiveness of technology and is, therefore, able to enable the enterprise to be more efficient, nimble, and cutting-edge.
The Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP) attracts, develops and promotes top talent from both within and outside of Ford IT to enhance the candidate pipeline for IT leadership positions. The ITLP is comprised of experienced IT talent with demonstrated outstanding results, competencies, education, and leadership behaviors, as well as an expressed interest in an IT leadership career and in driving innovation throughout Ford.
The program acquires new participants annually and proactively manages their development through mentoring, challenging assignments and targeted learning. Each ITLP participant is assigned an Executive Sponsor (IT Director level) and Mentor (senior management level). The Executive Sponsor and Mentor provide guidance and high-level visibility to the participants. A typical participant will rotate through 3 one year rotations before completing the program. ITLP candidates are assessed for promotional readiness through an annual assessment process which is conducted on an annual basis by Ford Motor Company’s Global Vice President, CIO and an operational leadership team.
Past ITLP Assignments Included
- Internal consultant – Develop & implement internal consulting projects while working with the CIO and his direct staff
- Strategy Manager – SYNC In-vehicle system, Ford IT Application Development Organization
- Dealer Systems Technology Manager – Facing off to the Marketing, Sales and Service Organization
- Project Manager – Data Center Consolidation Strategy
- Strategy Manager – IT Globalization, Strategy & Organizational Development Organization
- Project Manager – Extended Service Business, facing off Marketing, Sales & Service Organization
- Senior Project Manager – Global Order to Delivery project
- Program Manager – Global IP Telephony Migrations, Infrastructure Programs
- Minimum Requirements
- Five to eight years of working experience in a technical field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree required
- Grade Point Average – 3.4 (minimum)
- Willingness to relocate if necessary as initial work assignments will be located in SE
- Demonstrated evidence of both depth and breadth in IT (includes technical experience)
- Proven business relationship/customer interface experience
- Proven delivery of results over time
- Supervisory/managerial experience demonstrating exceptional focus on people development
- Experience working on major/large scale program
- Proven focus on self-driven professional development
- Evidence of initiative, self-starter, systematic thinking, and ability to multi-task
- We believe that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford Information Technology (IT) is shaping the future of
- mobility by redefining the transportation landscape, enhancing customer experience and improving people’s lives. Join
- the Ford family as we change the way the world moves.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.